Windows 10 for the Older Generation
RETIRED PRODUCT - We've stopped stocking this product or it has been retired by the manufacturer and is no longer for sale. This page remains available for its resources and as a source of potential interest.
This book applies to any new or upgraded desktop, laptop or tablet computer running Windows 10. It has been especially written for the older generation, but is also suitable for all other age groups, who may be new to computing. Plain English is used and the author avoids technical jargon wherever possible.
Amoung the many topics covered are:
- An overview of Windows 10.
- Obtaining and setting up Windows 10, creating a Microsoft account, connecting to the internet and setting up a printer.
- Exploring new features such as the start menu and the action centre and using mouse or touchscreen control.
- Obtaining new apps from the store and setting them up for easy access.
- Using task view. virtual desktops and snap view for easier working.
- Personalising your screen colours, desktop background and setting the screen saver, lock screen and sleep mode.
- Using Windows ease of access centre to help with impairments of sight, hearing and manual dexterity.
- Using Cortana digital assistant for spoken searches, reminders and commands, etc.
- Using the new Microsoft Edge web browser, including internet security features.
- Using file explorer and OneDrive cloud storage.
- An overview of some useful apps for entertainmemnt and work including Office 365 and e-mail.
This book willl help you get started quickly with Windows 10 so that you may ge the most out of your computer.
A Babani Computer Guidebook by Jim Gatenby