Windows 10 Explained
This book covers the latest version of Microsoft's operating system Windows 10. It is installed on all new Windows desktop, laptop and Microsoft tablet computers and, for the first year of its release, comes as a free upgrade for devices already running Windows 7,8 or 8.1.
Whether you choose to use the touch screen tile interface or the mouse operated desktop interface, a good working knowledge of the operating system is essential to get the most from your device and this book will help you do just that.
among the useful topics covered are:
- An overview of the Start menu options, desktop taskbar, the system tray and new notification icon, running apps, creating user accounts, managing Windows settings and personalising your computer.
- How to work with and organise your digital photos and import them from your camera or scanner, use the photo app, Groove music app and the medis player to store and play your music and burn CDs.
- How to use Cortana personal assistant, the new Edge browser, the desktop file explorer, Onedrive, internet explorer and the e-mail app, the people app and calendar.
- How to use the maps app and Bing maps, search for locations and see them in road, bird's eye and streetside views and get driving directions.
- How to connect to wireless networks and set up a home group, share a printer and network PCs running Windows. How to use mobility tools to keep your laptop running while away from home using OneDrive.
- How to use accessibility features if you have problems using the keyboard, mouse or have poor eyesight. How to keep your PC in good health and backup your important files.
- And much more besides...
A Babani Computer Guidebook by Noel Kantaris