WiFi Serial Transceiver Module w/ ESP8266 - 1MB Flash
RETIRED PRODUCT - We've stopped stocking this product or it has been retired by the manufacturer and is no longer for sale. This page remains available for its resources and as a source of potential interest.
The ESP8266 Serial WiFi Module is similar to many other wifi modules that we stock with one massive exception - THE PRICE!!!!
Here's a brief overview -
The ESP8266 module is a processor and a wifi transceiver in one small, cheap package. The processor can be programmed through the Arduino IDE (with correct plugin) in Arduino code, and it's pretty easy to get the module to act as a WiFi station, access point, repeater, or whatever you want.
This particular board offers relatively few GPIO pins, but given the cost and size, this is understandable. We supply more expensive ESP8266 dev boards which offer more GPIO at a slightly higher price.
- 1MB Flash
- SDIO 2.0, SPI, UART
- 32-pin QFN package
- Integrated RF switch, balun, 24dBm PA, DCXO, and PMU
- Integrated RISC processor, on-chip memory and external memory interfaces
- Integrated MAC/baseband processors
- Quality of Service management
- I2S interface for high fidelity audio applications
- On-chip low-dropout linear regulators for all internal supplies
- Proprietary spurious-free clock generation architecture
- Integrated WEP, TKIP, AES, and WAPI engines
- 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), soft-AP
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
- Integrated PLLs, regulators, DCXO and power management units
- +19.5dBm output power in 802.11b mode
- Power down leakage current of <10uA
- Integrated low power 32-bit CPU could be used as application processor
- SDIO 1.1/2.0, SPI, UART
- STBC, 1×1 MIMO, 2×1 MIMO
- A-MPDU & A-MSDU aggregation & 0.4ms guard interval
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
- Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)