Pirl Charger - The 4-Port USB Charger
The Pirl Charger is built for demanding users who require fast charging, superior electrical protection, flexibility, and visibility of power usage. It charges multiple USB devices at their fastest rate with no throttling.
First charger for single board computers: With 2.7A delivered per port at stable and low noise output current, you can overclock multiple Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+'s which draw 2.5A each.
Fastest 4-Port Charger: 2.7 amps per-port, 10.8 amps total. 50 watts total.
4 Separate Channels: Disruption on one pathway, including a short, will not affect the other devices being charged.
Simultaneous: All ports provide maximum power, simultaneously. No throttling - charging speed won't slow down as more devices are plugged in.
Intelligent Device Detection: Detects and optimizes charging speed by adapting to your device's particular charging scheme.
First Charger with Integrated Watt-Meter: No more guessing how fast a device is charging.
Wide Input Voltage Range: Can accept anywhere between 7V to 17V via a 5.5mm centre positive barrel jack connector. It works with AC/DC adapters, car power port, lead-acid batteries, DC-output solar panels, and lithium-ion battery packs (2S, 3S, and 4S).
Built to Last: Able to withstand over-current, dead short, ESD, reverse-polarity, and thermal overload. Mechanically robust; built from aluminium and FR4.
Real-World Devices Tested: Fast charge capability tested on devices by Apple, Samsung, HTC, LG, ASUS, Lenovo, Huawei, Xiaomi, and more.
- Input voltage: 7V to 17V DC
- Output current per-port: 2.7A
- Output current total: 10.8A
- Output voltage: 5.05V (±0.03)
- Output voltage increase under load: +0.15V Max (each port compensates separately)
- Wattmeter: Resolution of 0.1W up to 10W, resolution of 1W above 10W; Accuracy ±5%
- Measurements: 3.5" x 2.7" x 0.6" OR 88mm x 69mm x 14mm (without attachments)
- Weight: 4.5 ounces or 128 grams</>
- Output protection: Over-current including dead short (recovers in ~3 seconds)
- Output data lines ESD protection: ±18-kV contact, ±25-kV air-gap
- Input reverse-polarity protection: -18V DC
- Input ESD protection: ±8-kV contact, ±12-kV air-gap, 400W surge
- Thermal shutdown: All power ICs equipped with independent, internal thermal shutdown
Individual & Intelligent Device Detection: Each channel detects and selects the proper D+ and D– settings to communicate with the attached device, so that it can fast-charge at full current.
Maximum Power at Each Port at the Same Time: Each channel operates separately from the others, allowing all devices to draw 2.7A of current at the same time.
Wire Compensation: Channels adjust their output voltage proportional to the amount of current drawn, to compensate for power loss in wires and connectors.
Fault Isolation: Faults do not cross from one channel to another. Overcurrent or device fault will not harm the charger, or cause any other connected device to stop charging. A red LED will turn on to indicate that the channel is halted; no current will be drawn in this state.
Please Note: No power cables are included. We'd recommend using the 12V 3A power supply we stock.