NTSC/PAL (Television) TFT Display - 1.5" Diagonal
Yes, this is a miniature television!
The visible display measures only 1.5" diagonal, the TFT comes with a NTSC/PAL driver board. The display is very easy to use - simply connect 6-15VDC to the red and black wires, then connect a composite video source to the yellow and black wire. Voila, a television display! There's a little button to adjust the LED backlight brightness (5 levels) - there is no other adjustment available but we found that the color and contrast look great right out of the box.
Note: This display does not connect directly with the Raspberry pi 2 Model B composite/audio barrel connector and requires a further jack adapter.
To demonstrate it, we took some photos with the display connected to a Raspberry Pi, but it will also work connected to any analog composite-video output. It will not work with a device that only outputs VGA, HDMI or any other digital video signal.
Please note, these miniature displays are very delicate and require care to avoid ripping the delicate flex connector. These are best used delicately to avoid any damage to the connector. WE CANNOT REPLACE DAMAGED DISPLAYS if you are not careful and rip the flex connector!
- Power with 6-15VDC only into onboard buck converter
- 50mA power draw at 12V, 120mA at 5V
- Control board measures 48mm x 32mm
- Four 3mm drill holes on a 43mm x 28mm square
- Resolution: 160 RGB x 240
- Dot pitch:Dot pitch: 0.0625mm wide x 0.0938mm high
- Visible display dimensions: 29.79mm horizontal x 22.32mm vertical
- Display plastic case dimensions: 37.1mm x 32.7mm x 2.6mm