Line-us is an Internet-connected robot drawing arm. It's small, portable and draws with a nice wobbly line using a real pen on paper. The free app lets you draw, send messages, share sketchbooks or enjoy collecting artwork from others! Line-us is fully hackable using its programming API, you can control it with your own code. Examples are available for Python, Processing, Node, C and C#, and Scratch.
Line-Us recently released 3 different games designed using the API that can be played via the web as long as you're on the same network as the robot. These are Hangman, Guess the Comedian and Guess the Car.
- Line-us is portable and comes with a sturdy plastic carrying case.
- The device is powered by a USB battery or power adapter (USB cable included).
- It works with lots of different kinds of pens, pencils and brushes, up to a maximum diameter of 13mm.
- The Line-us drawing and sharing app is available for iPad, iPhone, Android tablet and phone, as well as Mac and PC.
- The Line-us connects to your Wi-Fi (2.4GHz only) to communicate with the app.
- Includes free access to the Line-us Cloud to store and share your drawings (internet connection required).
- The Line-us box contains:
- Line-us drawing robot
- Carrying case
- Magnetic plate
- USB cable (power only)
- Instruction leaflet
- Approximate drawing area: 60 x 90mm
- Size (approximate, excluding arm): (L x W x H) 97 x 25 x 79mm
- Power: USB, 5vdc, 1A
- Certifications: CE, FCC
- Line-us is not a toy