KiwiSDR Kit - Software-Defined Radio
KiwiSDR is a software-defined radio (SDR) covering shortwave, longwave & AM broadcast bands, various utility stations, and amateur radio transmissions world-wide within a frequency range from 10 kHz up to 30 MHz. The KiwiSDR is a custom circuit board (cape) that connects to the BeagleBone Green or BeagleBone Black computer. You simply add an antenna, power supply, and network connection.
An HTML5-capable browser and internet connection will let you listen to public KiwiSDR anywhere in the world. As each listener tunes independently, up to four people can listen simultaneously to one radio!
- Dimensions: 117mm x 55mm
- 100% Open Source / Open Hardware.
- Browser-based interface allowing four simultaneous user web connections.
- Each connection tunes an independent receiver channel over the entire spectrum.
- Multi-channel, parallel DDC design using bit-width optimized CIC filters.
- Automatic frequency calibration via received GPS timing.
- Easy hardware and software setup. Browser-based configuration interface.
- Extension interface for adding decoders and utilities.