Hackvision Arduino Based Game Station
RETIRED PRODUCT - We've stopped stocking this product or it has been retired by the manufacturer and is no longer for sale. This page remains available for its resources and as a source of potential interest.
This cool little kit allows you to create simple video games of your own. Based around the Arduino bootloader and language, the kit is ideal for kids (or adults!) to build, then learn about programming with. The board has video and audio phono jacks on it, so that it can be easily connected to your TV, via a SCART cable or similar (not included).
The kit processor comes preprogrammed with two games - when you want to reprogram it you will need a USB-TTL Serial Cable. To power the board we'd recommend a 9V power adapter. All Arduino IDE software required to write programs can be downloaded free from the Arduino site.
Please remember that this kit needs to be assembled, and that some soldering will be required.
- NO Arduino is required. Based on Arduino technology so you can write your own games and upload them using the Arduino IDE. All you need is a USB to TTL serial cable or adapter.
- Connects directly to your TV with standard RCA connections. One for audio, one for video. Works with NTSC or PAL (Europe, Africa, Asia, South America) TVs.
- Integrated button controller right on the PCB.
- Preloaded with 2 games: Space Invaders and Pong (requires paddle controllers). More games coming. You can write them, too!
- Other controllers supported: Wii nunchuk, SuperNES, or paddle controllers you can make from a potentiometer and button. Or invent your own.
- Software libraries for game development and controller support.
- High score files stored in EEPROM so they are retained even with power off.
- All unused pins broken out to pads for your hacking pleasure.
- Non-conductive adhesive foam pad protects the bottom of the board from your fingers.
- All through-hole components. Kit can be assembled in 30-45 min.