DAB DAB+ FM Digital Radio Development Board Pro2 with SlideShow
The Monkeyboard DAB+ FM Digital Radio Development Board provides a platform for developing and evaluating DAB+, SlideShow and FM receiver, this board contains a Keystone T4B DAB/FM module and a Microchip PIC18F14K50 microcontroller.
What can you do with it?
- Build a PC controlled DAB+ FM Digital Radio
- Build a CAR PC DAB+ FM Digital Radio
- Build a standalone DAB+ FM Digital Radio (requires external microcontroller)
New SlideShow Feature
With an upgrade module using the KeyStone T2_L4A_8650C, this board now support SlideShow. Slideshow adds visual content (slides) to radio broadcasts on DAB or DAB+. It enhanced the digital radio with visuals using images in JPEG or PNG format.
- ETSI EN 300 401 compliant receiver
- DAB/DAB+ sensitivity to -99dBm (typical)
- FM sensitivity to -106dBm (typical)
- DAB Color Slide show support (Data service option)
- Decodes audio services up to 384kbps without external RAM
- FM with RDS/RBDS decoder (*** RDS reception only available for station name, station text and genre and is subjected to a certain condition of power level and frequency deviation)
- Combined antenna input for FM / Band3
- UART Serial control interface
- Integrated stereo audio DAC
- Digital audio output – I2S
- Real-time clock accurate 50ppm
- Configurable general-purpose I/O
The Microchip PIC18F14K50 provides a USB to Serial interface for the T4B module to communicate with the host PC. Despite the sample code provided in this Development Board for communicating with the board is based on serial communication, user can analyse the serial communication and implements a driverless HID protocol by rewriting the firmware on the PIC18F14K50.