Circuit Playground Classic (ID: 3000)
Learn electronics with the Circuit Playground, a great way to practice programming on real hardware. It has built in sensors, LEDs and no soldering or sewing is required.
Similar to the Flora wearable microcontroller, the circuit playground features an ATmega32u4 processor and has alligator clip pads around the edge of the board for easy connecting. It can be powered via USB, AAA or lithium polymer batteries.
Circuit Playground has built-in USB support. You just need to plug it in to a computer via a micro USB cable and it will be recognised. It also has USB HID support so can act like a mouse or keyboard to attach directly to computers.
- ATmega32u4 Processor, running at 3.3V and 8MHz
- MicroUSB port for programming and debugging with Arduino IDE
- USB port can act like serial port, keyboard, mouse, joystick or MIDI
Note: This is the Developer Edition of Circuit Playground. This version is designed for people who have a little experience with Arduino already, who want to help build & document projects.
- 10 x mini NeoPixels, each one can display any color
- 1 x Motion sensor (LIS3DH triple-axis accelerometer with tap detection, free-fall detection)
- 1 x Temperature sensor (thermistor)
- 1 x Light sensor (phototransistor)
- 1 x Sound sensor (MEMS microphone)
- 1 x Mini speaker (magnetic buzzer)
- 2 x Push buttons, left and right
- 1 x Slide switch
- 8 x alligator-clip friendly input/output pins
- Includes I2C, UART, and 4 pins that can do analog inputs/PWM output
- All 8 pads can act as capacitive touch inputs
- Green "ON" LED so you know its powered
- Red "#13" LED for basic blinking
- Reset button