Amplified Speaker Kit for Raspberry Pi
Give your next project a musical twist with this brilliant little amplified speaker kit for Raspberry Pi.
Note: Raspberry Pi not included
- MonkMakes Amplified Speaker
- Set of 10 female to female header wires to power the Amplified Speaker (only 2 needed)
- A short stereo audio lead
- A Raspberry Leaf GPIO template
- Fit the Raspberry Leaf GPIO template over the GPIO pins of your Raspberry Pi (Make sure you get it the right way around.
- Use the red female to female header lead to connect one of the pins labelled 5V (it doesn’t matter which) on the Raspberry Pi to the 5V pin of the Amplified Speaker.
- Use the black female to female header lead to connect one of the pins labelled GND (it doesn’t matter which) on the Raspberry Pi to the GND pin of the Amplified Speaker.
- Use the audio lead to connect the Raspberry Pi’s audio socket to the socket on the Amplified SPeaker board. Note: that it's a good idea to do this before you power up the Raspberry Pi, otherwise it can cause the Raspberry Pi to reboot.
- Power up your Raspberry Pi
- Open a Terminal session on the Raspberry Pi and run the following commands to download an audio file and then play it.