If you're looking for information about an aspect of Cool Components service, chances are it'll be on this page. All of the most common questions are answered in some form below, but if you need more specific information, please contact us here : sales at coolcomponents dot co dot uk.
- Credit Card : We accept most major types of credit and debit cards including Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
- PayPal : To use PayPal customers need to have an account, and to have funded the account.
- Amazon Payment : This allows customers to pay using their Amazon account, and the credit cards attached to it.
- UK Bank Account Transfer : You may pay us via direct transfer between your bank account and ours. To do this, please proceed to checkout and choses the 'Bank Transfer (UK or International)' option. Please send us an e-mail to request our account details. Please include your surname and order number as a reference when you make your Bank Transfer. Please note that transfers typically take 1-2 working days to arrive. Orders where Bank Transfer payment has not been received 10 working days after the order was placed will be cancelled.
- Foreign Wire Transfer (T/T) : You may transfer payment from your bank outside of the UK to our bank. All charges, made by your bank and our bank must be paid by you. We will add an additional charge to cover our bank's T/T receiving charge for orders from inside the UK. Please chose the 'Bank Transfer (UK or International)' option at checkout. After placing an order please send us an email to request our bank payment details. Please use your order number as a reference for your payment, or we may not be able to identify your funds and process your order.Orders where payment has not been received 15 working days after the order was placed will be cancelled.
- Purchase Order : We welcome purchase orders, but we must ask that they are only made for orders over £100 goods value excluding shipping and VAT. We can only accept purchase orders made out in GBP values. Please choose the Purchase Order option at checkout and we will then contact you regarding payment. Discount vouchers are not accepted against purchase order orders.
- Cheques : We are not able to accept cheques due to processing costs. Cheques sent as payment will be returned.
CurrenciesThe base currency of our store is GBP, but customers may display prices in EUR or USD. At final payment, all amounts paid must be in GBP. Exchange rates for USD and EUR are regularly updated.
CreditOn occasion, 30 day terms may be offered for corporate or educational customers issuing purchase orders. Please contact us first to confirm acceptance of these terms.
Late Payment FeesWhere credit has been extended, in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, as amended and supplemented by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002 (EC Directive), we reserve the right charge interest at 8% above the late payment period reference interest rate based on the relevant Bank of England base rate on all amounts outstanding for more than 30 days (the Credit Period) from the Tax Date indicated on the invoice; and further to make a statutory compensatory charge on late payments, as follows: for amounts below £1,000 a charge of £40; for amounts between £1,000 and £10,000 a charge of £70; and for amounts above £10,000 a charge of £100. Such charges may be applied and added to the debt. Details of these charges can be found at the UK Department of Trade and Industry's website.
- Place your order online chosing 'Collection In Person' at checkout
- Send us an email at sales at coolcomponents dot co dot uk
- The email must state clearly what time you would like to collect at.
- We will confirm your collection time by email. The email will contain exact and helpful details about transport to our location etc.
- We are not a shop, and do not have a sales counter.
- If you arrive at a substantially different time to that arranged, or ourside of our office hours, we may not be able to provide you with your goods.
- We will not be liable for any costs you incur travelling to our premises.
- We will not be liable for any damage or injury you cause or sustain whilst on our premises.
- We will not be responsible for your navigation to our premises. Not all postcode / GPS databases provide accurate locations.
- If you place an order for collection, then subsequently require it to be delivered we will charge you extra for delivery.
Please register as a customer online and then send us your VAT number via email for validity and to enable your account for VAT free purchasing. You may then purchase items using the online system as normal. ***DO NOT*** place an order if VAT is still shown at checkout. We may charge you an administration fee of up to GBP20 to refund any VAT you have mistakenly paid.
Please note that under EU law, you are required to notify us immediately if your VAT number becomes invalid or goes out of use. We will report purchases made using an invlaid VAT number to your country's police or banking authorities.